What is ISO 50001:2011?
ISO 50001:2011 is the International Standard for Energy Management.
It provides the most robust framework for optimizing energy efficiency in public and private sector organizations.
Certification to this standard defines an organizations commitment to continual improvement in energy management. Implementation will enable an organization to lead by example within their respective industries and ensure related legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
Who is ISO 50001 applicable to?
Organizations of all types and sizes can benefit from energy and cost efficiencies through the implementation of this standard.
What are the benefit of ISO 50001 certification?
- Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency. (Ofgem forecast energy prices will rise by at least 20% by 2020)
- Enhanced marketing capabilities. Make your business stand out.
- ISO 50001 is the most robust energy management system, enabling organizations continual improvements on energy performance
- Organizations can ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- System Compatibility; ISO 50001 can be integrated with existing management systems
- If registered to ISO 14001, the ‘basic framework’ is already there
- Ensure best practice energy management systems are in place
- BS EN 16001 framework facilitates the management of energy bills and expenditure.