What is ISO/IEC 20000?
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard specifically aimed at IT Service Management (ITSM). The standard was based on the best practice framework for ITSM, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
What are benefits of ISO/IEC 20000 registration?
- Increased customer satisfaction because of increased business-focus as opposed to
- Demonstrates a management commitment to quality.
- Differentiator to win new business as this is increasingly a requirement for many contracts, including government contracts.
- Creates opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and consistency of IT services via regular certification audits.
- Reduce costs by increasing efficiencies.
- Achieve international best practice standards of IT service management
- Develop IT services that are driven by and support business objectives
- Integrate people, processes and technology to support business goals
- Put in place controls to measure and maintain consistent levels of service
- ISO/IEC 2000 is compatible with ITIL to support continual improvement