What is halal?
Halal simply means permitted or lawful. So when we are talking about halal foods it means any foods that are allowed to be eaten according to Islamic Sharia law.
This means that for any food to be considered halal it must comply with the religious ritual and observance of Sharia law.
What is halal certification?
This means that food has been subjected to approved certification systems which guarantee to consumers that nothing in the food has any forbidden components. Halal certificates are issued, for a fee, by a certifying body.
What are the Benefits of Halal Certification?
- Opportunities to tap a global Halal food market of about 2 billion people (Middle east , Asia Pacific ,EU,USA,LATAM,Central Asia)
- Halal logo is an authoritative, independent and reliable testimony to support Halal food claims
- 200% profit of greater market share: No loss of non-Muslim markets/clients
- Enhance marketability of products in Muslim countries/markets
- Small cost investment relative to multiple growth in revenues
- Image boosts in meeting varied customer needs.
- Improve the food preparation hygienic system
- Improve the food quality into global standards
TYPES OF HALAL CERTIFICATION SCHEMES
Presently, Muis offers 7 types of Halal certification schemes to suit the various categories of the food and food-related industry. They are:
Eating Establishment Scheme
Issued to retail food establishments such as restaurants, school canteen stalls, snack bars, Halal corners, confectioneries, bakery shops, stalls within a foodcourt or its equivalent and temporary stalls in bazaars, flea market, trade fairs, etc
Issued to imported, exported or re-exported products in respect of which Halal certificates have been issued
Food Preparation Area Scheme
Issued to catering establishments and central kitchen facilities
Poultry Abattoir Scheme
Issued to poultry abattoirs for their freshly-slaughtered poultry
Issued to products which are manufactured or partly manufactured/processed in Singapore
Storage Facility Scheme
Issued to stationary and mobile storage facilities such as warehouses and coldrooms
Whole Plant Scheme
Issued to manufacturing facilities and all products manufactured therein.
In addition to the above, Muis also provides Halal Food Certification for social functions such as luncheons, weddings, seminars, corporate gatherings, etc. organised in hotels, exhibition halls or outdoor locations.