What is AS 9100?
AS 9100 is the International Aerospace Industry Quality Management Standard.
It is specifically written by the aerospace industry in a concerted effort to improve quality and assure the integrity of supplies to the industry.
The standard is based on the tested and proven foundation of ISO 9001, which it supplements with specific additional requirements necessary to address civil/military aviation and space needs. This enables organizations with an ISO 9001 quality management system to progress to AS 9100 without significant modification.
It also represents significant effort by the aerospace industry to produce a single standard for use across the global aerospace supply chain.
Contributing sources include:
- The preceding standards AS 9000 and TS 157
- Aerospace industry regulatory requirements
- Government procurement standards
- Contributions from various national and international stakeholders representing the industry
Who is AS 9100 applicable to?
AS 9100 is applicable to organizations that design and manufacture products for the aerospace industry including parts, components and assemblies.
What are the benefits of certification?
- Global recognition as a reputable supplier - as certification is recognized and accepted throughout the aerospace supply chain as an industry benchmark
- Customer satisfaction - through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Reduced operating costs - through continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies
- Improved stakeholder relationships - including staff, customers and suppliers
- Legal compliance - by understanding how statutory and regulatory requirements impact the organization and its customers
- Improved risk management - through greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Proven business credentials - through independent verification against a globally recognized industry standard
- Ability to win more business - particularly where procurement specifications require certification as a condition to supply